The explosion of connected things, streaming services, the boom of mobility-as-a-service, and the digital transformation that is occurring in all sectors of activity (e.g.: Cloud computing, e-Health, etc.) make deployment of the very high speed infrastructure (FTTH, 5G, etc.) essential in order to support the development of the digital economy.
- Prepare new economic models
- Meet the deadline requirements set by the authorities and pool investments in networks
- Improve the quality of services through intelligent algorithms
Operators want to capture part of the value of the content and services delivered on their networks. This strategic diversification aims to generate new revenues and improve the customer experience.
- Enhancing infrastructure
- Repositioning oneself in the digital value chain
- Diversify business lines (e.g. mobility services, banking, etc.)
Thanks to connected things telecoms industry is given the opportunity of deploying services and applications in new sectors (transport, energy, production, etc.): data monetization, industry 4.0, connected vehicle and autonomous driving, etc.
- Develop new uses for IoT
- Valorize the data collected
- Guarantee the protection of data
The idea of using artificial intelligence in a project is no longer a futuristic fantasy. Artificial intelligence and learning-enabled systems offer completely new approaches to problems that have been difficult or impossible to solve in the past. In regard to systems of this sort, there are several points of particular interest.
- Selection of training and test data
- Evaluation of the models
- Performing tests on systems that cannot be fully grasped
Testing is an integral component of agile development processes, requiring special care and attention. Agile testing must be designed in such a way that it always takes into account the objectives of agile software development and provides optimal support in achieving these.
- Close cooperation with the client or the client’s representative (the product owner in the case of SCRUM, for example)
- Strong focus on product quality through error prevention and early detection of errors
- High speed within the sprint
- Fast response to changes, made possible by short iterations
- A working pace that can be sustained over the long term through self-organisation and the team motivation that this engenders
This is closely related to Test-Driven Development and Keyword-Based Testing. This modern process utilises what are known as “Feature” Files, which function as communication tools between customers, users, developers and testers. This is to ensure that the requirements are well defined, and it makes it possible to directly link test cases. This technology is particularly helpful in agile projects, enabling the 3 Amigos (requester, developer, tester) to directly work together using a single source (the “single source of truth”).
- The use of ATDD requires a high level of consistency
- All members of the agile team must be trained/qualified for use of ATDD
- ATDD is not a substitute for all other kinds of testing